Saturday, August 4, 2012

Movie Night Make 10 Math Station


Early in the year I spend lots of time trying to get my students to mentally 'Make 10'.  This early addition skill helps them with the other number outcomes that follow throughout the year.  Here is a close-up of one of my ready to use math work stations that are available at my TPT store
How to play ~ Each player chooses one of the four game boards and all movie tickets are turned upside down.  On their turn each player chooses 2 tickets.  If the tickets 'Make 10' then they place the tickets on one of the movie strips on their game board.  The first player to fill their game board wins!  Sometimes I want my students to complete a recording sheet, but other times I do not.  For this reason I have included 2 different "I Can..." cards with this activity.

Just playing this game makes me want some movie popcorn :)

Click here to see this activity at TPT.

1 comment:

  1. I just saw your post on my blog. Thank you for stopping by and following me. I am your newest follower. I am so excited to find another first grade teacher. Your TpP products look great! I expect I'll be buying from you in the near future. Good luck this school year! I agree that Alicia is great. I love your blog template too!

    ReplyDelete