Saturday, August 25, 2012

Apple Tree Place Value Activity

My students always love mystery pictures on the hundreds chart so I decided to create a few with a bit of a 'twist' to them.  I added a step that the students need to complete before they can color the square.  For example, before students can color 18 red they need to solve

1 ten 8 ones ____
 
After they solve then they can color.  I love having students work with these activities during times when I need them to be focused and on-task while I do individual assessing.  I usually photocopy the 2 student pages onto an 11" by 17" paper.  You can find my various mystery pictures here.
 
Here is a peek at my Tens and Ones Place Value Apple Tree Mystery Picture.
The first person the leave a comment on this post (with your email) and be a follower of my blog will get this for free!
 

 


7 comments: