Thursday, January 3, 2019

Adding 10 and Counting on from 10

Adding 10 and Counting on from 10 ... there IS a difference!

Before Christmas break I was using one of the best selling math work stations in my guided math group when I thought "Why haven't I also created one that counts on from 10?????"  On the spot I came up with a new activity that approached it from a difference angle and the kids loved it.  I've turned that 'hand draw scribble' into a work station and have posted it in my store in case you have kiddos that can benefit as well.

What I have determined is that these two stations need to be used to teach adding 10 and counting on from 10 as two different skills.  The quick ability to do this will build mental math confidence.

    

Counting on from 10 is just that ... start with 10 and count on.
Adding 10 is just that ... start with a given number and add 10.

You can find both of these products in my TPT store HERE.

Giveaway ended  Tonight I will send a copy of BOTH of these learning packs to the first 3 people who comment on this post.  Don't forget your email!

10 comments:

  1. Wow these are great activities! My first graders need LOTS of practice with adding on and building their mental math skills! Thank you for sharing!

    Karyn
    Kideducator@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s great! This is definitely something my kids can use.

    p3reilly@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. yvonneeyrg@gmail.com
    Thanks for the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice article admin thanks for share your atricle keep share your knowledge i am waiting for your new post check mens winter jackets polo shirts kindly review and reply me

    ReplyDelete