Sunday, July 19, 2015

using picture prompts for writing

In my classroom 'small moment' writing plays a key role, but sometimes my students have a REALLY hard time coming up with that 'spark', you know the one, the 'idea' that gets the writing started.  Honestly, I was one of those students too... I just needed the spark and could waste so much time just sitting and thinking.

To help, I've been adding to my Writing Prompts Pinterest board (sorry, if I've been adding too many pins, but there are so many great ones!)  Here are a few ...

It's easy to display a picture or two on your Smartboard or you could print them off and have students choose one they like.

Those are just a few of the many I have added (with more to come).  So, if you're on Pinterest follow my board by clicking on the picture below :)


I've also added a few writing pages onto Google Docs that you can download by clicking on the picture.


If you know of any great pins that should be added to my board please let me know!



4 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures! Thank you! I just followed your pinterest board. My kiddos always need some inspiration to write. I appreciate the paper also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all of the great ideas and pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete