Sunday, September 9, 2012

Numbers to 30 (Greatest Number)

I feel like I should have a t-shirt that says "I survived the first week!"  Whew!  I really have a wonderful group of firsties, but it sure takes awhile to get used to the back to school routines! 
One of the first work stations I am going to put into my math tubs focuses on numbers to 30.  I like for the students to gain a really quick sense of numbers to 30.
Students work in pairs (or a group up to 4) and turn over numbers at the same time.  The players then need to determine who has the greatest number.  That player gets to keep their number on their soccer net gameboard.  Play continues until all numbers have 'scored'.  The player with the most 'goals' at the end of the game wins!  You can find this work station here at my TPT store.  I will give this work station for FREE to the first 2 people who follow my blog and leave a comment on this post. (Don't forget your email!)

5 comments: