Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Candy Corn Investigations

Happy mid-October!

I'm not sure what the weather is like where you are, but here in the east we have been spoiled by an absolutely gorgeous fall! The colors on the trees are more vibrant than I have seen them in recent years!  I LOVE seeing the seasons change, but must admit I'm not looking forward to winter.  Fingers crossed that it goes easy on us this year.

My kiddos have enjoyed my Apples and Pumpkins Investigations this year and were asking for more so I've created Candy Corn Investigations.

I've included 2 investigation options that work with my students and my class, and 3 different recording options (my class is so diverse that I needed to use all three!).  I've also included an editable download so you can choose the investigations that work for your class. 

Here's the one that I am using ... (with boy and girl scientist options)
I placed candy corn in water, 7-Up and vinegar and after just 30 minutes it looked like this ... ummm YUCK!  But the language ... fizzled, bubbles, dissolved ...

You can find my Candy Corn Investigations HERE

As always, the first 3 people who comment on this post with their email will get a copy.  And to the people who have purchased it today before I even had a chance to blog about it - THANKS!





7 comments: